Do you control your devices or do your devices control you?
Welcome to the course!
- How to Use This Platform: a quick tutorial from the folks at Thinkific
- Let's get acquainted 1:18
- How to get the most from this course 4:26
- The Big Picture - how everything fits together 2:13
- Visuals - what you won't see 1:22
Module 14 - Set Boundaries with Your Devices
- Download your Module 14 worksheet here
- 14a Set Boundaries with Your Devices - Goal 3:41
- 14b Set Boundaries with Your Devices - Tactics 1:23
- 14c Set Boundaries with Your Devices- Strategies 12:15
- 14d Set Boundaries with Your Devices - Next steps 1:50
Module 15 - How to Manage Incoming Email
- Download your Module 15 worksheet here
- 15a How to Manage Incoming Email - Goal 3:11
- 15b How to Manage Incoming Email - Overall Strategy 4:22
- 15c How to Manage Incoming Email - Tactics Explained 16:01
- 15d How to Manage Incoming Email - Next Steps 1:33
Module 16 - How to Clear Out a Flooded Inbox
- Download your Module 16 worksheet here
- 16a How to Clear Out a Flooded Inbox - Goal 2:13
- 16b How to Clear Out a Flooded Inbox - Overall Strategy 0:23
- 16c How to Clear Out a Flooded Inbox - Tactics Explained 15:49
- 16d How to Clear Out a Flooded Inbox - Next Steps 1:54
Module 17 - How to Use the Phone Efficiently
- Download your Module 17 worksheet here
- 17a Utilize the Phone Efficiently - Goal 2:21
- 17b Utilize the Phone Efficiently - Tactics and Strategies Explained 12:53
- 17c Utilize the Phone Efficiently - Next Steps 2:45
Where do you go from here?
- Food for thought before you depart 5:32
- More resources for you
Meet Your Instructor
Time Management Fixer
Helene Segura, MA Ed, CPO
Time management fixer Helene Segura delivers thought-provoking, yet entertaining time management keynotes and seminars that give busy professionals the powerful strategies and tactics they need to cut lost time. By improving efficiency, she helps companies lower employee stress levels, decrease absenteeism, improve retention, and increase profits.
The author of four books - two of which were Amazon best-sellers - Helene has been the featured organizational expert in more than 200 media interviews including publications such as US News and World Report and Money Magazine, as well as on Fox, CBS, ABC and NBC affiliates.
Her Bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University is in Political Science. She focused on international affairs, so she learned about negotiations and the importance of dissecting situations from different perspectives. Her Master’s degree from UTSA is in Educational Leadership. She learned about running a business, as well as educational psychology – behavior change and behavior management. Since 2006, in both her individual consulting and trainings, she's used all of those skills to teach audiences how to pin-point their barriers to personal efficiency and implement changes that will save their sanity – and save the companies for which they work a great deal of money.
When she's not revealing solutions as The Inefficiency Assassin, she enjoys experimenting with recipes, traveling and watching movies.
Do I need to go through the entire course before I start seeing any changes?
No. When you begin to implement the strategies and tactics from Module 14, you'll begin thinking differently about how you make decisions about your time and communications platforms. As you complete each module, you'll add to your brain skills and gain back more and more time.
How long does this course take to complete?
There are approximately 1.5 hours of videos. If you choose to complete the handouts with each module, the total time to allow for this course is 2 to 2.5 hours. Each "lesson" takes less than 10 minutes - piece of cake! When you invest a couple of hours into your time management tool belt, you'll gain back hours of time each week!
I've never been successful before with my attempts at time management and productivity. Is there hope for me?
Absolutely! It's possible that other courses you took in the past focused on "hacks" instead of deep learning. When you only learn quick tricks, success is rarely long-term. In all of my courses, you'll learn the ever-popular tricks and tips, but you'll also learn the mindset it takes to implement them for the long-term. More importantly, if you're asking this question, it sounds like you're truly ready to change. When you make the commitment to yourself to be present and focus on your goals, you'll be successful.
Are there tests or quizzes?
There are no graded tests or quizzes because your true assessment happens when you choose to implement the strategies and tactics you'll learn.
What's the deal with the different Module numbers?
My "Time Management Tactics for Working Smarter, Not Longer" curriculum is divided into four parts:
1 - Create Clarity (Modules 1 - 6);
2 - Implement Structure and Flow (Modules 7 - 25);
3 - Assemble Your Team (Modules 26 - 30);
4 - Situational Solutions (Modules 31 - 42).
Instead of starting each course with Module 1, I’ve left the original Module numbers in place for students who wish to work their way through all of the curriculum.
Do I need to go through all 42 of your modules in order to make my work life and personal life more manageable?
Nope. That's why I've sectioned out all of my curriculum, so you can triage your most immediate challenges and work on those courses first. Will it help if you take the Create Clarity course first? Sure. It lays the foundation for successful long-term productivity. But do you HAVE to take it first? No. Any course you take will teach you to win back control of your time.
Where does this course fit into the big picture?
This course is part of the "Implement Structure and Flow" section and is 1 of the 5 key elements of your work day that you should control:
*Assignment and Task Completion
*Go Bag & Work Space Layout
*Notes, Document and File Management
All 5 of these courses are available in the bundle called "Implement Structure and Flow".
Do you need to purchase all 5 in order to gain back time?
No. You can purchase one at a time, depending on which courses you need in order to alleviate the pain points you currently have.